Learn the fundamentals of design in less than 6 weeks
A no-fluff course for developers to learn design principles.
"Design Fundamentals has finally provided me with the systems and strategies for developing competent design. The information is to the point. There’s no fluff. Everything is imminently actionable. This is exactly what I needed." — Joey Weber
"Hands down, this is the best course if you want to break away from the re-purposing template phase and begin gaining confidence in going all-in on custom designs for clients." –Daniel Fayette
"Holy cow, the new version is SO GOOD! This is one of my staples and I go back to it time and time again. This is LIFE-CHANGING." –Chloe M
Design Fundamentals covers everything you need to know to start seeing measurable improvements in your designs from day one.
In this course, we'll cover:
- Starting a design from scratch. From organising the content to finding inspiration for your designs. (The feedback from previous students has been phenomenal for this module alone!)
- A foolproof process to create unique layouts that fit your content and some easy tricks you can use to stop your designs looking like generic templates.
- Choosing and using typefaces (including a live spreadsheet where I add new typeface combinations for you to use in your projects).
- How to choose a flexible colour scheme and what to do when your colours just look a little bit ‘off’.
- Easy photography and illustration treatments that can give your designs a custom look without needing to hire an illustrator — my favourite module by far. This stuff is not taught anywhere else.
- How to identify and fix problem areas in your designs. 80% of design is in the polish. Find out how to analyse your design and make incremental improvements.
The course is structured in a way that will take you from a blank page, to a working design. You’ll can join the course with a website that you want to design or redesign, and over the next 6 weeks we’ll go through each and every step and you’ll end up with a piece of work you’re proud of.